Tuesday, May 26, 2009

T.I. Misses 1pm Deadline to Report to Prison


Rapper T.I. missed his 1 p.m. to report to Forrest City's federal prison complex in Arkansas. He was charged for purchasing unregistered machine guns and silencers from undercover federal agents in March.

T.I. - Clifford Joseph Harris, Jr. - was sentenced to a one year and one day sentence. He was fined $100,000 and sentenced to three years of probation after his release. T.I. reached a plea deal with prosecutors after spending time on house arrest speaking in front of community groups and high schools about the dangers of drugs, violence and guns.

T.I.'s community service prior to his scheduled start of jail time was recorded by MTV and turned into a reality show called "T.I.: Road to Redemption."

T.I. spent his last few days of freedom leaving a last memory to his fans. T.I. had a concert last night where he told his fans that he'd see them all in "366 days."

No comments:

Post a Comment