Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Women Box

Syracuse, N.Y. ~ Boxing is a sport traditionally dominated by men but more women are determined to go pro.

There are very few woman boxers, but Tasmyn Davis standing at 5' 9" and 180 pounds says she was born to be a prizefighter. "I'm giving myself a year, said Tasmyn Daivs, female boxer. I'm gonna train hard every day."

Davis had received a lot of negative feedback but she is not letting that stop her from achieving her dream. "The type of life I come from, people don't do much with themselves said Davis. I want to show my little brothers that you can do something with you life. That its okay to dream."

And being a pro-boxer is a dream that Davis has been pursuing for about four months. With daily training, her coach and her teammates say they can see her on TV one day, but it won't happen over night. "But if she sticks with it, said John Jones, UFC Fighter. I don't see why we won't be seeing her on HBO in a few years."










































No comments:

Post a Comment